|3. PROFILE OF SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- be well informed about culture, history and the present of the Czech nation within the European and world context;
- formulate views and attitudes verbally and in writing, communicate in at least one other foreign language;
- effectively organize and manage and participate in a team, including the ability to lead a team and cope with problematic situations;
- know how to use information and ICT, have basic ICT skills;
- use basic mathematics and the basic principles of physics and chemistry when needed;
- act in an environmentally-conscious manner and in compliance with strategies for sustainability;
- apply the fundamentals of health, occupational safety, and fire prevention and safety.
- explain the principles, procedures and methods of chemical analysis, take and prepare samples for analysis, take measurements according to instructions, process and assess the results;
- carry out control analyses of individual production phases (raw materials, intermediates and waste) in various branches of chemicals production;
- measure the physiochemical properties of substances;
- carry out mechanical, hydro-mechanical, thermal and diffusion operations;
- apply one's knowledge of the physiochemical fundamentals of processes and operations when assessing the course of technological processes in the production of various chemicals
- describe the principles and working of the machines, apparatus and equipment used in chemical laboratories, know how to work with them and ensure the best regime for their activities;
- adhere to the pertinent norms, standard analytical procedures in the pertinent laboratories, work with the technical and technological documentation, be familiar with the legal regulations in the area of chemistry and ensure they are upheld;
- uphold the principles of health and safety at work and fire prevention in chemical plants and laboratories and to minimise the effects on the working environment and the environment in general.