|3. PROFILE OF SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- be well informed about culture, history and the present of the Czech nation within the European and world context;
- formulate views and attitudes verbally and in writing, communicate in at least one other foreign language, use technical terminology;
- educate themselves, work in an effective way and assess impartially results;
- adapt themselves to the changing conditions of life and work, work well in a team and be responsible for assigned tasks;
- work with information, use ICT;
- use basic mathematics and the basic principles of physics and chemistry when needed;
- know the present rights and duties of employers and employees and know how to conduct a job search;
- act in an environmentally-conscious manner and in compliance with strategies for sustainability;
- apply the fundamentals of health, occupational safety, and fire prevention and safety.
- read the technical diagrams, norms, schemes, instructions and other technical documentation, independently choose the technological and work procedures and correctly perform the necessary calculations;
- have an overview of the engineering materials and use them economically;
- know the functions and activities of the engineering parts and mechanisms;
- have a basic knowledge and skills in hand processing metals, the basic ways of turn-tooling materials (turning, milling, sanding, drilling) and tooled surfaces, independently measure using the gauges and measuring devices found in workshops;
- adjust, check and maintain the standard and program controls of conventional machines (lathes, millers, sanders, drills and boring machines) with a hard program and computerised numerical control cutting tools;
- adjust the pertinent machines and set up simple programs.